Saturday, March 18, 2006

Oak Flats Trip #3

The forecast called for rain today but as what it appears normally happens here when rain is forecasted, it didn't rain. Instead it was perfect weather in the mid 60s so I headed back up to Queen Creek to boulder more at Oak Flats. A few other groups of two were out there and we all ended up hanging out together -- unfortunately, since I'd been here before, I ended up being the expert of the area since all of them either hadn't been here in years or were first timers -- so I didn't learn any new areas. I didn't climb very well today as I stayed out pretty late last night but it was good to get back up there and breathe the fresh air and hang out in the rocks.

Last weekends rain really changed the look of the area. Because it hadn't rained in 5 months, everything was really dry and I guess all the trees got covered in ice and snow which they just couldn't handle so large broken branches were everywhere. The creek bed was also flowing with lots of water and the base of my DJL Project #2 is under 2 feet of water now. So, I worked on DJL Project #1 and again did better but still didn't send it. Not in good enough physical shape today is my excuse :).

I cut my wrist on it as well today and while it's not that bad, it does look it. It looks like I tried to slit my wrists :) -- I'll probably have someone do an intervention for me at work if anyone sees it.

No pictures today - forgot my camera.

No comments: