Saturday, February 25, 2006

Oak Flats Bouldering

First trip out to Oak Flats today! Got in some good climbing and hung out with some nice people while I was out there. I climbed alot of the same stuff I climbed last time plus added a few more. This place is so huge, I have alot more to learn. I tried searching for an area called 'The Maze' but had no luck so finally went back to an area I was more familiar with - 'Davy Jones' Locker' -- I'm lucky I didn't get lost out there and still be wandering around. The problem I'm doing in this picture is my first project out here. No idea what it's rated as it's not in my guide but it is a really cool, overhanging problem. I got on it toward the end of my day out there and my tips were too shredded to give it a really good go. I look forward to trying it again with fresher fingers.



Here's a V2/V3 I did in the same area.

The latest I've heard about this place is that it will eventually be shut down. This is too bad as it's a great place--I do hope a fair land exchange does happen so more climbing areas will open up in exchange for this one. (http://www.climbtamo.com has info on one possible area). I do feel lucky that I am getting the chance to climb here before it is shut down.

In other news, I got invited to a $10 buy in poker game friday with some guys from work. I ended up winning and taking home about $40 :). I think that really annoyed most of the people there since only one person there even knew me. Oh well.

No comments: