Monday, February 20, 2006

Trip to Arizona Begins..

I am in Des Moines. I left Minneapolis earlier this afternoon and am en route to Mesa, Arizona where I'll be living and working for the next two months. My Ford Ranger has new tires, a fresh change of oil, and a new windshield and I am confident it will pull through. My friend Graham has kindly agreed to join me on this drive across the country. He will fly home on Thursday and return in two months for my trip home. If all goes as planned, we'll be in Colorado Springs or Pueblo at this time tomorrow night.

I am going for many reasons -- some of which I can say and some of which I cannot. The primary reason is for work. Without getting into details, the situation at work will be better with me in Arizona at this time. I have agreed to come down for several reasons: the weather -- which is perfect right now -- and the bouldering I plan on doing every weekend for the next two months. Beyond the essential clothes and other miscellaneous items, I've brought a guitar, climbing gear, and several books. About the time the temperatures start climbing toward the edge of my comfort level, I will return to MN...I guess I'm a 25 year old snowbird.

Life is interesting right now, for reasons way beyond the next two months...I'm curious to see what happens..

2 comments:

Daniel Kent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daniel Kent said...

Hey. Lincoln Nebraska is a great little city. they have a coffee shop there called simply "coffee house." Free Wi-Fi, cool ambiance. (I think it is on P street).