Thursday, February 23, 2006

Arrived..


Windshield wiper fluid in southern Colorado

We've safely made it to Mesa and am all checked into my Homestead Suite that will be home for the next 2 months. Tomorrow I'll take Graham back to the airport and start my time here.

Couple interesting things to mention today. First, I'd never driven the section of I-25 between Walsenburg, CO and Albuquerque, NM. Very pretty drive. Second, in Pueblo, CO we saw a guy decide he wanted to get across the interstate...right now. He cut across the on-ramp and drove sideways across the southbound lanes, down into the median ditch and I watched in my rearview mirror as he drove across the northbound lanes, into the ditch on the other side and up onto the side frontage road where he went on his way. Seriously...who does that?

2 comments:

Daniel Kent said...

That part of CO, NM is incredible. I was telling Joe that is one of several places I would like to live. I drove through it in 2002

Neil said...

It sure is. So much history and amazing views. Saw lots of antelope too.