Monday, January 21, 2008

Hueco Update #3

Still in Hueco. Everybody seems to be at close to 100% health finally........

(PUNCH!KICK!POW!)

TAKEOVER-

by Nicholas Oklobzija

back to 100% my ass.


Let us take role

skin- well I have a full pad flapper (pointer finger) f'n power of silence (still not sent)
stomach- able to eat however I left Minnesota at 152 and am now at most 143.... WTF!
muscles- looking amazing seeing that i have rested and sunbathed more then i have climbed
friends- great as always, yet we could hang out in minnesota (did not need to spend 700$ to go chill in a coffee shop in el paso) not my idea of a good time.
family- lost a great woman in my family this week and a key player in my life (we will miss you bonnie!)
girl friend- is wishing she would have thought twice about "us" (joke)

but on the bright side i would change nothing... this will be the trip of my life (i just have to kick ass these next couple days) if all go's well i will climb "dark age" v11, "power of silence" v10, and "diaphanous sea" v11/12. I do not want to sound like a baby i am just letting the public get the real story kinda like cnn?

well neil is coming to better go before he wakes up..

peace,

-----------------

........okay back to Neil here...Nic is right - this trip has really sucked at times and featured extreme hits to our psyche but we still have a week to go and things are on the up.

I sent Baby Face V7 on Friday on my 2nd try of the day which is one of the best lines I've done. My sights are now firmly set on Adjust Your Attitude - a roof V8 with some of the craziest moves I've tried. I have all but one of the moves worked out and it feels close.

Chad and Eric are both working on projects as well. Chad hopes to do Baby Martini V6 and Eric has done King Cobra V6 is making progress on Speed Bump V7. Nic has done the Right hand variation of Free Willy V9 and has his projects as well.

Jeff Fink joined us this weekend for his first outdoor bouldering experience -- quite an introduction this was! He really enjoyed climbing on a whole lot of fun problems throughout North Mountain. Nice work Jeff!

Dan and Andy have left us to go back home. It was fun climbing with these guys and too bad to see them go.


Here's my send of Baby Face:


Nic On Free Willy:


Jeff on a nice line:


Warming up:


Chad:


Adjust Your Attitude:

5 comments:

Climbing Narcissist said...

Glad to hear things are improving. Nice work on Babyface. That is high on my list of problems that I MUST do at some point in my life.

Neil said...

Thanks-
Amazing problem. Definitely do it.

Lynn said...

Nic, why so cyan?

Neil said...

Eric was trying the manual white balance feature on my camera but something didn't turn out quite right -- somehow the colors work nicely with this picture though.

Unknown said...

hi Neil-

that video was pretty cool. nice work!