Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oak Flats Trip #4


Made it up to Oak Flats yet again yesterday. Pretty fruitful day. Ran into another group who were looking for the Maze. One person in their group had been there a long time ago so between the directions I had got from people at the gym and her memory, we eventually found it. So I climbed there yesterday. Pretty cool stuff. All I sent was a cool warm-up problem and a pretty hard scary slab problem but worked on some harder stuff (the pictured arete) before tearing my fingers up yet again. Also, the group I ran into showed me the alternate road to drive up to the bouldering area which isn't as rough as the road out of the campground that I knew about, so now I can drive up to the area next time instead of walking up.

2 comments:

Daniel Kent said...

Are these the rocks that we were trying to get to? You know, when we got SNOWED out?

Neil said...

Yes. I hadn't been to this exact spot before this weekend, but's it's in the same area as where we were going.