Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bass Guitar

Matt brought over his fiancee's (Deborah) Bass Guitar a few days ago and I've been learning how to play it. Pretty cool. I don't think I can live without one anymore. Even the simplest bass part really fills out a song.

Everyone who reads this blog has probably heard this song by now, but here's a new version of it (recorded in it's entirety in the last hour an half or so):
Lonesome Roads

I also put a bass track on Crystal's at a Bar but am in the middle of re-doing the vocals on that one so won't upload that yet.

1 comment:

Jeremy Berg said...

Yeah, fills it out a lot. You could even let the bass stand out. I could barely hear it at first - sounded like the bass strings on your accoustic more than an electric bass. But i don't know much about bass...

Overall, that's sounding pretty darn good. Vocals are pleasant, harmonica is a great riff, and guitar is clean. Lyrics are, well, "transportive." Keep it up!