Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sawmill Creek Dome season continues..

The alarm went off this morning at 6:30 am and I shortly thereafter met up with Nic O., Jim M., Scott F. and made the drive up to Sawmill. We finally made it to the boulders by 1:00 pm or so. The hike was particularly interesting today as we all took turns hauling a ladder up to help with some filming attempts:


After warming up and doing some spotting for Scott who re-did Counselor Moon for the filming I started trying my project Sticky Icky. I was really hoping to do it in 1 or 2 tries as I felt really close last time. I did get to my previous high point on my first go but screwed my feet up and fell off. After blowing the starting moves for the next 4 or 5 tries I finally did it - felt great doing another MN project of mine done this season.
I didn't get any pictures or video of this problem today but here's a shot of the problem from 2005:



After this, I joined Nic and Scott who were working on The Onion. Nic ended up doing it. I feel like I'm pretty close on it but really have to figure out my body positioning on one move that is currently shutting me down.

After The Onion I went over to another line I've tried a few times before but never done - My Stereo. This problem is basically a one-move wonder dyno off a big rail to a sloper then a few more moderate moves to the end. Took me about 8 tries today to figure out how to do the jump move but finally stuck the 2nd hold and topped out the problem.

All in all a beautiful day at Sawmill and I hope to get back up a few more times this season. I plan on working Lukewarm Persistence and Jaws Sit Start next as well as Counselor Moon and Payback as well. Sorry for slacking on pictures lately -- spent too much time climbing today I guess :). Here's one of Nic, however, working what I believe is a project on the arete to the right on Counselor Moon:

No comments: