Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sawmill Creek Dome - 10/20/2007

I drove up to Sawmill again yesterday. Got there and the rain stayed away and enjoyed a beautiful fall day. After warming up I first tried Lukewarm Persistence V7 and after a few tries did it.. The problem starts sitting with two slots for your hands and a micro-edge left foot. You pop a left hand up to a sloper with a divot in it and do a big move up again to a good hold. Then match, get a heel hook and do a pretty hard top out on slopers up and left. After this I still had lots of energy so I then did Jaws V7 in a few tries as well. Jaws starts the same but after the match you traverse a few moves right along a seam and then do a scary top-out on a bulge with small crimps and slopers. I really like both of these problems - a lot of fun to climb. This would technically be me best day ever -- never done 2 V7's in a day.

After this Nic went to try the project on the arete to the right of Counselor Moon. This is a pretty scary line as there's a big chasm beneath it that you would fall into. But fortunately he didn't fall from the scary points but sent the project and called it Pitfall - probably a V7. You can see me being really nervous in the video and spotting quite close and trying not to fall into the chasm at the same time myself..

Here's the video of the day -- it's me doing Lukewarm, then Nic doing Jaws and then Pitfall complete with overdramatic music:

No comments: