Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vimeo

Recently I've started seeing a large increase in the number of videos floating around the internet that are hosted at vimeo.com (including some great bouldering clips at Ethan Pringle's blog I discovered today that I'd recommend checking out: http://www.ethanpringle.com/?page_id=104). I've noticed that videos on vimeo are always far higher quality and have a niftier player interface than youtube so I've decided the check it out today... I must say I'm really impressed - these guys have thought really hard about how to make online video sharing a better experience for uploaders and watchers. I'd recommend anybody uploading videos to youtube to give vimeo a good look. I'm pretty certain I'll be using it from now on. Here's a video I've published before of a trip to sawmill last fall that I've re-uploaded to vimeo for comparison (the differences are even more noticeable full screen):

Vimeo:

Sawmill Creek Dome Bouldering from Neil Berget on Vimeo.

Youtube:

No comments: