Saturday, May 12, 2007

Joe's Valley 5/12/2007

Today was supposed to be a rest day but instead became day 9 in a row that I climbed (at least of a few moves). I need more self-control! Must take a full rest day.

Josh and I headed up to Price Canyon (about 10 minutes north of Price) and met his friend Allison to check out the boulders there. Really cool place. It is a bit higher in elevation than Joe's and was alot more shady so bouldering was possible. I meant to only go check the place out but ended up trying some of the stuff there. The rock is identical to Joe's sandstone - black and tan. Pretty high concentration of boulders there as well - quite a good destination that I'm sure would get a lot more attention if not overshadowed by Joe's and Triassic. It sounds like it's growing in popularity among the locals, however, as the potential here is huge and it's a solid hour to hour and a half closer to SLC than Joe's or Triassic is.

Here's some pics--
Me doing the middle 2 moves of some crimpy V9 (couldn't do the other moves but seemed like it was close enough to work if I was rested and could stand the pain in my fingers):



Allison on The Turtle:

No comments: