Monday, November 06, 2006

New Zealand Part 1

I have made it back from two great weeks in New Zealand. Words don't describe how beautiful this country is. The only adjective my brother Eric and I kept coming up with that seemed to come close was "ridiculous".

Here a few pictures of general NZ goodness..more to come..(Be sure to click on them for larger views)


On the shores of Lake Te Anau


On the road from Queenstown to Christchurch. This is what the whole 5 hour trip pretty much looked like.


Thermal Hot Pools near Turangi


A stream by the Routeburn Track


A lake (Lake Pukaki I think) on the drive from Queenstown to Christchurch. I didn't mess with the colors -- it actually looked like this. Just about all the water is as blue like this.


Trout fishing at the "Trout Fishing Capital of the World" on the Tongariro River near Turangi. The minimum size there to keep a fish would be a fish of a lifetime here.

2 comments:

Daniel Kent said...

Wow. Way Cool. Way Ridiculous. I can't wait for part 2.

Jeremy Berg said...

good to have you out the other night. You should really join me on the 17th (next friday) for "The Battle" and help Peter and I get bands set up and taken down.

The music quality will be worth the admittance fee. $0

Let me know.