Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bluegrass Jam

Went to a beginner's bluegrass jam at the Homestead Pickin' Parlor tonight. That was pretty fun. Definitely a new experience. There were 5 guitarists, 3 mandolinists (that a word? maybe it's 'mandoliers'), a banjo player and a fiddler. I've never really tried to play bluegrass songs before so thought it'd be cool to try. At least one other guy was a first timer, too. Let me tell you, it is pretty challenging for me to try to remember the chords to all these songs I've never even heard before but it was great practice, I know.

2 comments:

Jeremy Berg said...

YEEE- HAAA. Sounds fun. By the way, I think it's 'mandolinos' south of the equator. Later.

Daniel Kent said...

The Aimee Mann concert was fun. You know she recorded "The Forgotten Arm" in 5 days!!