Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day of Driving

We have arrived in Colorado Springs. Only two complaints for the day.. The first that my truck is getting pretty bad gas mileage, around 15-16 mpg I think instead of 19-20 that I normally get on the road. I think the cruise control wasn't working quite right but really don't have any idea. The other is that we hit Denver rush hour which killed about 45-50 minutes rolling through traffic. Otherwise, we made great time all in all so have a bit of time to chill in this Econolodge tonight.

Saw an interesting license plate today: CO plate: 'MNCURST', I can just imagine the story.

Tomorrow we'll get up, take a quick look at Pike's Peak, then head south to Albuquerque (5 hours from here) then west to Flagstaff and south to Phoenix. Hopefully we'll arrive by 8 or 9 tomorrow night.

Oh, I'll start getting pictures up here pretty soon. Forgot to bring the cable to connect my camera to my computer so will have to get a new one.

No comments: